Hello Friend of Microsoft Teams,
Find below a list of public posts and updates on Microsoft Teams (and Microsoft 365) that have been published in Week 24 of 2023, June 12 – June 18.
Feel free to share with your partners, customers, colleagues, and peers.
What's New in Microsoft Teams (and Microsoft 365):
- Microsoft Viva Pulse available for public preview
- How Microsoft Teams helped the Breakthru app bring wellbeing to 45,000 organizations
- Now in public preview: Collaborative notes in Microsoft Teams Meetings
- Now in Public preview & Targeted release: Collaborative meeting notes in Teams meetings
- Now in Public preview & Targeted release: Enhancements for Teams Certified Devices
- Encryption algorithm changes in Microsoft Purview Information Protection
- Effective Microsoft Dynamics 365 CRM & Teams Collaboration: A Guide to the Basics and Beyond!
- Microsoft Whiteboard gets comments, an UI refresh and more to come
- Microsoft Teams Rooms Android Intune configuration
- Teams to Support Targeted Release for Commercial Tenants
- Teams Introduces Animated Backgrounds for Meetings
M365 Message Center :
- Teams :
Introducing "Microsoft Default" setting to Teams Tag Management Settings MC591878 · Published Jun 16, 2023
We are introducing a Microsoft Default setting to Teams Tag Management settings in Teams Admin Center.
- If you have already explicitly made a selection to your Tag Management settings your tenant will not be affected by this change.
- If you have not made changes to Tag Management settings, Microsoft Default settings will apply for your tenant. Microsoft Default settings currently map to "Team Owners" value but is subject to change in the future.
- As Admin, please set tag management settings to reflect tenant-level preference. Select “Team Owners” to keep tag management limited to Team Owners, or select “Team owners and members” to allow all team members to create and edit tags.
In Teams client, users will still see the same options as they do today: "Team Owners" and "Team owners and members".
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 88318
Preview: We will begin rolling out late June 2023 and expect to complete by mid-July 2023.
Targeted Release: We will begin rolling out early July 2023 and expect to complete by mid-July 2023.
Standard Release: We will begin rolling out early July 2023 and expect to complete by mid-July 2023.
(Updated) Video Closed Caption in PowerPoint Live MC513049 · Published Feb 9, 2023 · Last updated Jun 16, 2023
Updated June 16, 2023: We have updated the rollout timeline below.
Closed captions will soon be supported for embedded videos in PowerPoint Live for Teams. Video closed captions in PowerPoint Live will be rolling out across Microsoft Teams Desktop and Web and will allow PowerPoint Live users to create accessible presentations that include video.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 114494
We will begin rolling out to PowerPoint Live users in early-March and expect to complete rollout by mid-March.
GCC, GCC-High and DoD: We have begun rolling out and will complete by mid-July.
Microsoft Teams: Breakout rooms support and Select Together Mode for everyone on Microsoft Teams Rooms on Windows MC564198 · Published May 31, 2023 · Last updated Jun 15, 2023
Updated June 15, 2023: We have updated the rollout timeline below. Thank you for your patience.
The latest version of Teams Rooms on Windows app 4.17 update includes new in-meeting experiences including:
- Breakout room support
- Choose your Together Mode scene and select it for everyone.
We will begin rolling out in late June (previously mid-June) and expect to complete rollout by late July.
Enhanced Sort and Filter Capabilities for User Management in Teams admin center MC586559 · Published Jun 13, 2023
We are excited to announce that the Manage Users page in Teams admin center now includes enhanced filter and sort capabilities, making it easier than ever for Teams administrators to find and manage their Teams users.
Standard Release: We will begin rolling out in mid-June 2023 and expect to complete rollout by late June 2023.
(Updated) Creation of Default Notes tab in new standard channels in Teams MC552334 · Published May 8, 2023 · Last updated Jun 13, 2023
Updated June 13, 2023: We will not be rolling out to GCC, GCC-High, DoD and Microsoft 365 operated by 21Vianet as described below. Organizations in these environments can safely disregard this message and we will communicate the new timeline via Message center when we are ready to proceed. Additionally, MC496248 (January '23) is not applicable to these environments. We apologize for any inconvenience.
As communicated in MC496248 (January '23) Microsoft Teams users will soon get a “Notes” tab, powered by OneNote, added by default on the tabs bar across the top on creation of new standard channels for note-taking capabilities. Earlier this capability was powered by Wiki, which is set to retire from Teams based on the announcement, MC496248, published in January.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 101962
This will start rolling out in late May and expect to complete by late June.
(Updated) Microsoft Teams: Install apps based on user activity with Auto install approved apps (AAA) MC548106 · Published Apr 28, 2023 · Last updated Jun 13, 2023
Updated June 13, 2023: We have updated the rollout timeline below. Thank you for your patience.
We are expanding the audience for this Message center post as we are getting ready to roll this change to the audience who saw the post originally, and after that to the rest of our customers per the schedule below. The product name has also changed from Zero-touch app install to Auto install approved apps.
Microsoft Teams Auto install approved apps (AAA) uses activity from your users to install and surface apps that admins have already allowed for the tenant. An admin can enable AAA to help users naturally discover and use apps that are highly relevant to their needs within Microsoft Teams. Specifically, when a user signs into specific SaaS apps using Azure AD (e.g. in web browser), the app will be installed for that user on Teams.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 100385
AAA provides the right apps to the right users at the right time. Admins and users benefit from:
- App governance is respected: there is an admin control to turn ON/OFF, launched as default OFF. Installs will not happen for blocked apps and users.
- Last-mile delivery: admins have done the hard part of deciding which apps/users to allow. AAA simply helps roll out these apps to the right users.
- Cross-platform convenience: users can easily access the same apps they are currently using on other platforms, now in Teams.
- Discovery: many users are not aware their apps are available on Teams - AAA brings it to them without manually searching in the app store.
- License maximization: maximize the value of SaaS licenses by having the same app available on multiple platforms.
In the Teams admin center, there is also a new App permissions section in every app's detail page that lists the app permissions. This is the same app permissions shown in the Teams client app store for every app today, now available for admins to conveniently view. This may assist you as you review the apps supported by AAA.
Customers who previously received this Message center post will begin receiving this feature early May 2023 and we expect to complete by mid-May 2023.
New customers who are receiving this Message center post will begin receiving this feature mid-May 2023 and we expect to complete by late June (previously early June).
(Updated) New Lobby Policy for Webinar MC550804 · Published May 5, 2023 · Last updated Jun 13, 2023
Updated June 13, 2023: We have updated the rollout timeline below. Thank you for your patience.
Currently in Public webinars, you are unable to distinguish registered users in the lobby. This means that you cannot allow registered users to directly bypass your lobby and enter your webinar. With this new change, we will be offering two new lobby options that will allow you to better control security in your webinar. These new lobby options are:
- A new 'Allow registered users to bypass' lobby policy that allows registered users to bypass the lobby in your webinar.
- A new 'Reject users who cannot bypass the lobby' that rejects users who cannot bypass the lobby.
Both options are only available for Webinars.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 125881
We will begin rolling out in mid-May and expect to complete rollout by late June (previously early June).
PDF Tools app retirement MC584834 · Published Jun 12, 2023
We will be retiring the PDF Tools app from Teams, Office and Outlook store by mid-July, 2023.
Group chat message copy links are now available! MC584833 · Published Jun 12, 2023
This feature allows group chat members to create and share links to specific messages within the chat, with the intention of improving communication and organization of information in group chats.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 122522
Targeted Release: Rollout will start in early June and expected to complete by early July.
Standard Release: We will begin rolling out early July and expect to complete by end of August.
- Microsoft 365/Viva :
Manual status computation MC590145 · Published Jun 15, 2023
Viva Goals unveils enhanced status control for OKRs and projects. Previously, when setting up an OKR or project, customers had limited control over the status, as it was solely dependent on progress. However, with the latest update, users now have the ability to compute the status independently, giving them greater control and flexibility.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 124935
General availability: We will begin rolling out in late June and complete rolling out in late July.
Topic migration update and enhancements rolling out in Viva Engage MC586548 · Published Jun 13, 2023
In January, we announced the General Availability of Viva Topics for our Viva Engage customers. In support of this change, topic migrations began for Viva Engage (Yammer) networks in Native mode and will continue until all Viva Engage networks have migrated to Viva Topics. To support the migration of topics, in June 2023 we are releasing a set of enhancements and fixes, such as revisions to our data export and API behavior.
For the latest information/updates you can always check these resources :
- Microsoft Teams Channel on YouTube
- Staying on top of Office 365 Updates
- What's new in Microsoft Teams
- What's new in Microsoft Teams devices - Office Support
- Microsoft Teams Rooms (MTR) - Release Notes
- Microsoft Teams content updates
- TechCommunity Teams Blog
- Teams Community Blog
- TechCommunity Microsoft 365 Blog
- TechCommunity Viva Blog
- Microsoft Teams Public Preview - Microsoft Tech Community
- Microsoft 365 Roadmap
- Microsoft 365 Message Center (M365 Admin rights)
- Stay on top of Microsoft 365 changes
- Track your message center tasks in Planner
If others are interested to receive these “Friends of” messages directly from me, they can always share their contact details with me.
Or if you/they no longer want to receive these “Friends of” emails, just reply per email and I will remove you from this “Friends of” DL
Kind Regards/Vriendelijke groeten/Med vänlig hälsning/Salutations,Mattias Kressmark
The content of this communication and its attachments (if any) is for general information purposes only and does not under any circumstance constitute a binding offer or acceptance of Microsoft Ireland Operations Limited, Microsoft NV/SA or any other Microsoft Group affiliate, unless this is expressly stated in a separate document executed by a person with sufficient powers to do so. The content shall not be considered to supplement or amend the terms of any existing agreement with Microsoft Ireland Operations Limited, Microsoft NV/SA or any other Microsoft Group affiliate. Furthermore you are reminded that the content is solely based on the limited information provided to us at the time of this communication and it will be subject to possible changes occurring hereafter.