Hello Friend of Microsoft Teams,
Find below a list of public posts and updates on Microsoft Teams (and Microsoft 365) that have been published in Week 52 of 2022, December 26 – January 1.
Feel free to share with your partners, customers, colleagues, and peers.
This is my 18:th newsletter going out to all of you, around 1500 subscribers. I do not have an exact figure since many of you are part of an email alias. Thank you all for the encouraging and kind words this year. The 18 letters have contained some 266 links to articles on the news, field and community around Microsoft Teams. I am looking forward to continuing this series in 2023 as well. Please send me any feedback and improvement ideas you may have. Hope you all will have a great 2023 ahead, keep calm and keep collaborating in Microsoft Teams!
What's New in Microsoft Teams (and Microsoft 365):
- Feature Focus with Microsoft MVPs: S6-6 - Microsoft 365 Dynamic Groups & Viva Insights
- Microsoft Teams Premium Experiences and How to Set It Up
- O365Eh! - Discussion about Empowering.Cloud w/ Tom Arbuthnot
- Learn how Zoom can join Microsoft Teams Meetings!
M365 Message Center :
- Teams :
Microsoft Teams Live Event Attendee Improvements MC492912 · Published Dec 28, 2022
In preparation for the new RTMP-In Support for Microsoft Teams Live Events, the Teams Live Event Attendee Experience will soon be updated to better support this scenario. This will include increased reliability for the attendee experience and include the ability for attendees to watch the Teams Live Events in a separate window, which users can do on the Web today.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 84960
We will begin rolling out in mid-December 2022 and expect to complete rollout in late January 2023.
Microsoft Teams: Presenter Window Improvements in Screen Sharing MC492903 · Published Dec 28, 2022
In Microsoft Teams, presenters will soon have the new Presenter window at their disposal while screen sharing.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 100392
Preview: We will begin rolling out for preview in early January 2023 and expect to complete rollout in mid-January 2023.
Production and GCC: We will begin rolling out in early February 2023 and expect to complete rollout by late February 2023.
GCC-H: We will begin rolling out in late February 2023 and expect to complete rollout by mid-March 2023.
DoD: We will begin rolling out in early March 2023 and expect to complete rollout by mid-March 2023.
- Microsoft 365/Viva :
(Updated) New home experience for Viva Connections desktop MC447338 · Published Oct 17, 2022 · Last updated Dec 27, 2022
Updated December 27, 2022: The New home experiences for Viva Connections desktop will start rolling out to production tenants through Q1 of next calendar year.
Customers with existing home sites can choose to keep their existing desktop experience using our new PowerShell command that is already available to all customers since mid-November. More information about the PowerShell command is captured in this doc: Customize and edit the Viva Connections home experience.
A new desktop experience is being released for Viva Connections that’s easier and faster to set up and optimizes content to deliver a modern employee experience. The new Viva Connections desktop design serves as a new home experience option that centers essential job tasks, personalized content, easy access to other Viva experiences, and better aligns with the mobile experience.
It uses existing assets from your organization’s home site and Viva Connection’s Dashboard, Feed, and Resources. If your organization already has Viva Connections set up, you’ll have the option to choose to keep the existing desktop experiences that features the home site or to use the new home experience. Learn more about the new Viva Connections home experience.
- If you’ve already set up Viva Connections, existing content will pre-populate the new home experience.
- If you haven’t set up Viva Connections yet, the default experience includes starter cards on the Dashboard but otherwise doesn’t impact the current mobile experience.
- There will be an option to select the default landing experience if your organization already has a home site. This option will become available to all customer by mid-November in the form of a PowerShell command. More information about the PowerShell command will be in the customization guidance.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 99917
- The new home experience will become available to Targeted release customers soon. More details about the release schedule will be shared in a MC post in the near future.
- The new home experience will become generally available in 2023.
For the latest information/updates you can always check these resources :
- Microsoft Teams Channel on YouTube
- Staying on top of Office 365 Updates
- What's new in Microsoft Teams
- What's new in Microsoft Teams devices - Office Support
- Microsoft Teams Rooms (MTR) - Release Notes
- Microsoft Teams content updates
- TechCommunity Teams Blog
- Teams Community Blog
- TechCommunity Microsoft 365 Blog
- TechCommunity Viva Blog
- Microsoft Teams Public Preview - Microsoft Tech Community
- Microsoft 365 Roadmap
- Microsoft 365 Message Center (M365 Admin rights)
- Stay on top of Microsoft 365 changes
- Track your message center tasks in Planner
If others are interested to receive these “Friends of” messages directly from me, they can always share their contact details with me.
Or if you/they no longer want to receive these “Friends of” emails, just reply per email and I will remove you from this “Friends of” DL
Kind Regards/Vriendelijke groeten/Med vänlig hälsning/Salutations,Mattias Kressmark
The content of this communication and its attachments (if any) is for general information purposes only and does not under any circumstance constitute a binding offer or acceptance of Microsoft Ireland Operations Limited, Microsoft NV/SA or any other Microsoft Group affiliate, unless this is expressly stated in a separate document executed by a person with sufficient powers to do so. The content shall not be considered to supplement or amend the terms of any existing agreement with Microsoft Ireland Operations Limited, Microsoft NV/SA or any other Microsoft Group affiliate. Furthermore you are reminded that the content is solely based on the limited information provided to us at the time of this communication and it will be subject to possible changes occurring hereafter.