Presented by: Jared Spataro
If you are tasked with transforming workplace collaboration, this session is for you! Jared Spataro, CVP Microsoft 365, focuses on how Microsoft Teams can help you, sharing new updates in Teams, demonstrating how your peers are integrating their business processes with Teams, and discussing how to lead a successful deployment of Teams in your organization.
There are two main takeaways from this session.
- How you can transform workplace collaboration.
- Teams is a platform for apps and business processes.
"Teams is to the new Microsoft what Windows was to the old."
Next, came demos of chat, files, teams with external users, tabs and continued with the seven top new features requested by customers.
- Private channels
- Multiwindow experience
- Yammer app pinned to the left rail
- Share a conversation between Outlook and Teams
- Custom backgrounds
- Live captions in meetings
Multiwindows are coming to Teams!
Four announcements on meetings
- New devices - collaboration bars
- Cloud Video Interoperability adding Cisco
- Direct guest join, Zoom and Webex
- Managed meeting rooms
Three management areas with improvements
- Deployment of Teams - Advisor for Teams - step by step guidance to move workloads
- Security & Compliance - ATP Safe Links in Teams, Audit log search, Information Barriers (ethical walls) also for filesharing, one-day retention policies
- Manageability - PowerShell, bulk updates with single commands. A certified app catalogue linked from the Admin center. MTR management in the Admin center.
Teams as a platform, there are now engineering resources available to go out to customers to find opportunities to simplify with Teams.
First Line Workers
- Shift digitizes the classical work schedule board
- Taking pictures, annotate and the picture will not be stored on the device.
- Record and send an audio message.
New features coming in Shifts are
- Delegated user management
- SMS sign-in
- Global sign-out
- Off-shift access
Customer videos featuring KONE, Uniper, Wavemaker, Clifton, St Lukes, M&S and Fedex. Telstra from Australia came on stage and talked about how they are using Teams FLW solutions.
So much more news from the first day of Ignite...
- What’s New for Calling in Microsoft Teams (Ignite 2019 Edition)
- Exam MS-700: Managing Microsoft Teams (beta)
- Managing Microsoft Teams - explained by Study guide Vlad
- Microsoft Teams Private Channels introduction - by Ståle Hansen
- Microsoft Teams Rooms in Zoom and Webex Meetings, and Zoom and Cisco Rooms in Microsoft Teams Meetings - by Tom Arbuthnot
- SharePoint and OneDrive Security, compliance, migration, admin and server – Ignite 2019 announcement
- The Future of Yammer: Microsoft Ignite 2019
- What’s new in Azure Active Directory at Microsoft Ignite 2019
- Enterprise network insights and network score in the Microsoft 365 Admin Center
- Microsoft Whiteboard now available for the web and integrated in Teams
- Microsoft announces general availability for Microsoft 365 learning pathways